Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Gear Review: Rossignol's Delta Course Skate Ski


      When we got the first snowfall, i was stoked, and I bet a majority of the people that live up here were to. Anyway here's an amazing picture of one of a few ski hills around here covered with Upper Michigan's first snowfall of the year on October 22nd 2013.  Although the skiing and snowboarding up here is great, its just one of many things to do, my favorite being nordic skiing.  After snowboarding and skiing for almost 11 years I decided that it was time to start experiencing more, such as trying to get out and skate ski or snowshoe a few times a week in addition to the alpine life.  I've skate skied off and on for a few years now but finally I have decided to buck up and buy my own pair to use in a effort to gain another winter sport, while I am still employed at a shop.
Ripley, MI 10/22/13
      I picked up a pair of Rossignol Delta Course Skating Skis and put a pair of Rossignol's Xcelerator bindings on it.  I couldn't wait to see how much better there going to be than the old Zymax skis I used to take out.  The deltas are much smoother, with only a few added base grinds.  This creates enhanced glide with every push off, not to mention that they are almost 100g lighter than there little brother the Zymax.  The skis always have one channel in contact with the ground due to Rossignol's dual channels on their skis.  This allows the skis the ability to be skied by a beginner, even though the skis itself are much more technical. The course series used to be a world cup level ski, but the new 2014 system has been revamped, and they are now the best non world cup ski Rossignol offers to its customers.  These skis perform to a demanding workout and handle just fine on a day to day ski in the woods.  Aesthetically they look great, and they certainly feel good on your feet.  If you were looking to further enhance your ski experience, perhaps start racing? I would recommend the Delta Course skate skis, with Xcelerator, or SSR bindings.  As far as a good boot goes, I have had X-10 skate boots for a year now and I love them.  Great stability, good warmth, and a tight fit on your foot, yet light enough to be considered a race boot.  Feel free to contact me or comment if you have any other questions.

-Tattooed Adventure

No comments:

Post a Comment